CE Engineering Leader
- Faro Recruitment Vietnam , Ha Noi - Vietnam
- 3000 Competitive
- Posted: 12 Mar 2019
Provides highly visible customer support through the design and development of products (e.g., hardware, software, RF). Oversees any of the necessary diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex equipment and systems. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters and instructs customers on the design, development, selection, and use of equipment and systems. Interprets customers needs and determines appropriate course of action. Collects feedback from customers on the quality, applicability, and definition of products and informs the Business Units responsible for delivery of those products. Assists sales team in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. Will manage a group of engineers from different field to provide world class customer support.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working independently with little supervision.
- Making decisions that are significant in impact, influencing overall program or project success, and/or the ability to meet objectives
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
- Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
- Completing tasks that require multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; tasks require simultaneously executing multiple cognitive abilities and maintaining information in short or long-term memory.
- Exercising exceptional creativity to innovate new ideas and develop innovative products/processes without established objectives or known parameters.
- Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
- Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
- Works alongside Qualcomm sales team and utilizes deep expertise to provide technical consultation across a wide range of industry standards, anticipate and identify customer needs, and recommend Qualcomm products to meet those needs.
- Manage a group of engineers including HW, SW and verification with full responsibility of performance evaluation.
- Provides design consultation, integration, and troubleshooting services to Qualcomm customers (including top customers) on a broad range of technical topics in multiple segments related to Qualcomm products.
- Oversees delivery of formal training for large customers (including top customers) and internal partners on several technology areas, possibly requiring the creation of new training materials; identifies appropriate individuals to conduct training based on expertise.
- Utilizes deep expertise to resolve customers' complex technical issues or questions that arise in the course of integrating Qualcomm software and hardware; negotiates technical solutions with internal partners to support customer requests.
- Acts as the interface between the customer and other groups within Qualcomm to resolve complex customer issues and/or questions as required; provides advance notice to manager regarding critical issues.
- Collects metrics and feedback from customers to evaluate product success and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains expertise in a wide variety of Qualcomm products and related technologies, including product specifications, technologies, capabilities, customer user cases, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10+ years Field Application Engineering experience or related work experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 12+ years Application Engineering or Software development experience or related work experience.
- +3 years of experience to manage a group of engineering folks.
- 3+ years experience in relevant engineering areas such as hardware design, systems design, software programming, etc.
- 3+ years experience in a sales or customer-facing role.
- 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- 3+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
About Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Faro Vietnam is a member of Faro Recruitment Group - the subsidiary of Outsourcing Inc., a leading outsourcing company in Japan.
With more than 10 years of establishment and operation, Faro Vietnam is recognized as a leading reputable human resources service provider in Vietnam.
Clients are satisfied with Faro Vietnam is not only due to the premier quality of services but also the added on support that are beyond than the scope of services they engaged.