Lead Plant Service Engineer, Hydro-power
- Faro Recruitment Vietnam , Ha Noi - Vietnam
- 6000 Competitive
- Posted: 07 Mar 2019
- The Hydro Plant Support Engineer will lead the site service activities for hydropower plants in SEA countries. He/she is the primary liaison / point of contact between company's engineering, project management, supply chain, the site team, and customers. Scope includes ensuring the completeness of the deliverable solutions of Hydro equipment and services.
As the Plant Service Engineer, you will:
- Obtain existing information on hydro power plant assets & setup, mainly on E&M, for the designated areas such as hydro turbine & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BoP systems including customer purchasing plans
- Actively participate in customer meetings and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions
- Provide timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries and issues including quick quote proposal leveraging our global COEs supports – Sales, Com Ops and COE engineers
- Provide technical support to customers and field teams for general E&M services and specific upgrades
- Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal parties to ensure that customer requirements are ultimately understood and achieved
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams and coordinating with Project Manager in executing contract at site
- Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support)
- Liaise between customers and company's Engineering regarding balance of plant equipment for configuring interfaces, safety protections and control (for control plant support)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in Hydropower Electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing
- Ability and willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
- Familiar with mechanical and/or electrical components of Hydropower Electro-mechanical
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems
- A plus for knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
- Strong knowledge of / experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics
- Power Generation, Renewable Energy and Hydro experience
- Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers and leadership regarding the details of technical issues and project status
- Strong, self-directed, collaborative team player with interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- English/local language fluency
About Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Faro Vietnam is a member of Faro Recruitment Group - the subsidiary of Outsourcing Inc., a leading outsourcing company in Japan.
With more than 10 years of establishment and operation, Faro Vietnam is recognized as a leading reputable human resources service provider in Vietnam.
Clients are satisfied with Faro Vietnam is not only due to the premier quality of services but also the added on support that are beyond than the scope of services they engaged.