Sales Manager (Iron/Steel/Refractory)
- Faro Recruitment Vietnam , Ha Noi - Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 3500 $2,500 - $3,500
- Posted: 27 Aug 2019
About the Employer
Subsidiary of an MNC headquartered in London, United Kingdom. The business deals with manufacturing and selling of advanced industrial refractory products and systems to global Steel and Foundry industries and a range of special refractory products to Aluminium, Petrochem, Cement, Power, Glass, Solar, Mineral processing industries, among others.
Globally the corporation employs over 12,000 employees across 40 countries that include 70 manufacturing sites, 120 sales locations and 14 R&D centres. The business enjoys almost 56% market share in the industry across the globe.
About the Position
1. Purpose: This position is primarily responsible for promoting the new business growth in all 3 main business unit of AR/FC and TC to fulfil the medium and long term business growth plan and building & maintaining effective long-term business relationships with a Vietnamese customers, ensure a high level of customer loyalty and increased revenues. Serves as the primary interface for all Flow Control and Advanced Refractories products and services, it creates demand for the organization's products and services with customers on continuous basis. Typically, generate new business opportunities and derive into commercial sale and maintain business relationships with all customers for CPT/TRM approach.
2. Dimensions of Position:
- Area & Nature of Impact: Primarily responsible for overall sales and business development in Vietnam through responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning and budgeting.
- Total Sales to handle: Based on annual budget and quarterly revised planning.
- Product Lines: All products and services pertaining to Flow Control, Advanced Refractories and Technical Services BUs
3. Key Result Areas:
3.1 Customer’s process understanding:
- Responsible for having a clear understanding of customer’s production plan for the year, trend analysis and purchasing strategy.
3.2 Sales & Marketing:
3.2.1 Responsible for sales of Company products to the existing customer and maintain the existing 2 business. Also to ensure delivering value to customers through our products & services while realizing organization’s targeted earnings and to achieve the budgeted sales and gross margin of the business by -
- Retaining the market share of existing products supplied.
- Getting price increases as per the business strategy.
- Generating new business.
3.2.2 Promote Company products and performance benefits to client with continuous after sales service support and convince customer to enhance productivity by -
- Trial of new products and establishing the performance of the same
- Implementation of Marketing & Technology solutions
3.3 Contract Management / Purchase order:
- Responsible for timely enquiry for all contract renewal, on time submission of offers, providing necessary data for preparing the proposals and securing orders/contracts.
3.4 Receivables Management:
3.4.1 Payment realization, weekly update on collection made based on the agreed payment terms as mentioned in purchase order.
3.4.2 Reconciliation of Accounts and closure every quarter and settle the disputed issues.
3.5 Customer Reviews / meetings: Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the senior management team of customer to understand their needs and link them to the organization's product/service offering strategies.
3.6 Customer complaint handling:
3.6.1 Constantly evaluate the performance of a product at the site and regular coordination with the respective departments to initiate corrective actions to avoid failure.
3.7 Market / Competitor’s intelligence: To evaluate competitor’s activities in terms of Sales, applications, qualities, pricings and deliveries of their products.
3.8 Monthly Reporting: To prepare and submit monthly reports (by 2nd of every month) comprising details of –
- Monthly sales
- Technical Report
- Competition information
- CCAR status
- - Major events at site
3.9 To ensure strict compliance of Approval procedures implemented by management from time to time.
1. Qualifications: Graduate in Engineering (Metallurgy / Ceramics / Mechanical);
2. Experience: 8 -10 years of heavy industry experience or > 4 years in Refractory / Iron & Steel industry with at least 3 years in a position of similar responsibility;
- In-depth understanding of concepts and principles of Company Products and applications and Iron & Steel making process and knowledge of these elements in Company business;
- An exposure in steel plant with understanding of Vietnamese market situation;
- Comprehensive understanding of how the local sales integrates with the regional business to contribute to achieving the business goals of the Company;
- Substantial exposure to Contract Management in Iron & Steel plant;
- Basic commercial awareness related to Company business and awareness of the competition with the understanding of how each competitor differentiates themselves and latest developments or changes of market conditions in the Iron & Steel industry sector;
- Basic Understanding of Product Manufacturing processes;
4. Skills & Behaviour:
- Planning & organizing;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Customer service orientation;
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide, influence and convince others – internal (within Company) and external customers/agencies;
- Disciplined Approach;
5. Problem Solving & Complexity:
- The position requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgement based on the analysis of information and is also expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and precedents;
- To have a thorough understanding of the customer’s processes, work with Corporate Sales teams to come up with proposals to improve the efficiency of process outcomes and present to customers;
- As a member of the Company Team shared general management accountability a total company perspective must be maintained.
About Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Faro Vietnam is a member of Faro Recruitment Group - the subsidiary of Outsourcing Inc., a leading outsourcing company in Japan.
With more than 10 years of establishment and operation, Faro Vietnam is recognized as a leading reputable human resources service provider in Vietnam.
Clients are satisfied with Faro Vietnam is not only due to the premier quality of services but also the added on support that are beyond than the scope of services they engaged.
Search more jobs
- Jobs at Faro Recruitment Vietnam
- Production/Process/R&D Jobs
- Production/Process/R&D Jobs in Ha Noi
- Production/Process/R&D Jobs in Ho Chi Minh
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs in Ha Noi
- Customer Service Jobs in Ho Chi Minh
- Sales Jobs
- Sales Jobs in Ha Noi
- Sales Jobs in Ho Chi Minh
- Mechanical Jobs
- Mechanical Jobs in Ha Noi
- Mechanical Jobs in Ho Chi Minh
- Civil/Construction/Materials Jobs
- Civil/Construction/Materials Jobs in Ha Noi
- Civil/Construction/Materials Jobs in Ho Chi Minh
- Industrial/Consumer Manufacturing Jobs
- Industrial/Consumer Manufacturing Jobs in Ha Noi
- Industrial/Consumer Manufacturing Jobs in Ho Chi Minh